Friday, January 14, 2011

#1

Happy First Birthday, Reid!

It's hard to believe he's a year old already. He's such a comedian, always smiling and trying to make you laugh. He's so sweet, even though he's such a mess. Just today, he broke a vase, spilled a drink, emptied my pots/pans drawer, threw his food all over the floor twice (after saying "Uh-oh!"), dumped brother's toy basket out, got in the garbage, emptied an almost-full box of Kleenex, and I can't remember what else... I guess he's just really curious!


Last year at 7:20 in the morning, he wasn't very happy. I thought I was going to have a really serious/whiny baby on my hands. Turns out he's extremely happy, just has a "bit" of a temper!



After he finally settled down, he showed his true nature: content.


Big brother has loved him from the beginning, and Reid has completely returned that love. They are so sweet together--except when John hits him in the head with a wooden spoon, or Reid whacks John across the back and yells, "Noo--ooooo!" (Um, yes, we are from the south, and No is a 2-syllable word)


Right now, I am wondering how in the world I will get this bottle away from him. But, of course, I know I will in time--just 3 months ago I was wondering how on earth I was going to wean him to the bottle because I was running out of milk. (Poor little guy is already getting the middle-kid treatment because baby sister took his milk away!) At least he has his trusty blanket--no beddy-by without that!


I was wondering when he would walk, because he has been standing on his own for weeks now. John walked at 10 months, and I just knew Reid would too, if for no other reason than to keep up with big brother. And a week and a half ago, he took his first steps!


I had to put this pic in here, because I want to remember that Reid was Chicken Little. No, I don't make his hair do that. There's no goop in his hair, and it's not cut that way. It's not static. I really don't know why it does this, but I have very recently come up with a theory. When Rob bathes him, he poors the water right over his head, many times from front to back. Since it grows toward the front, and he has a double-crown, I think that's what makes it stand up. But hey--no complaints, because John didn't have much hair at all on his first birthday! And only a little more--mostly in the back--on his second!
Sweet little smiley-boy! I love you so much and can't imagine life without you!!!

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    cheap skip bins rocklea

    ReplyDelete