Monday, June 29, 2009

What we've been up to

My mom has been taking vacation days here and there, so she doesn't lose them at the end of the year, so we've been doing a lot lately:


We went to Noccalula Falls. At the petting zoo, this is the only picture I have where John actually held something for the goats to eat. He was scared they would take his fingers too, and I can understand because they were especially eager!


A girl working at the PZ held a bunny for John to pet. He loved it! Kept saying over and over, "So soft!"


Fat Man's Squeeze. Clearly, John is nowhere near fat. I just thought it looked funny that he had so much space on either side of him :)









This pic is on the way to the Falls, before we walked down a gazillion steps. John handled the steps and rocks much better than I did. Of course, I was dizzy by this point, so that shouldn't be a surprise. But I really do think he has a lot better balance and a ton more energy than I do.



And here we are under the falls. Sorry the picture is dark, but I couldn't lighten it and keep it looking natural.



We all went out to eat at Outback for my grandmother's 75th birthday. Woohoo! 3/4 of a century, Mema, and you still got it :)




Kacky has been house-sitting, and the house is near a great lake/pond that is full of ducks, turtles, and fish. John especially liked to feed the baby ducks--one Mommy had 20 babies. (I didn't know ducks laid so many eggs! Maybe they have a Duck-Nanny-program?)




This is a random pic of everything that lives in that tiny lake. Crazy that so much could survive in a small bit of water!



Finally, John has been learning to swim. We've had him in a life-jacket, until this past weekend. We put swimmies on him for the first time this year, and it was amazing how quickly John adjusted!

These are the kind of faces he makes when he jumps in the pool. It's hilarious! Hard not to laugh, no matter how bad you feel :)

Please ignore my very southern comments, but I thought John was so big that I couldn't NOT post this. This is just proof that I don't have an issue with pride, and I am fully ready for your ridicule.

5 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with that, pround Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, if you'll send me that dark photo, I'll see if I can lighten it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the way you make the word "boy" into 2 syllables: "Bow-ee!" ;)
    Good swimmin' John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nothing wrong with that accent...Wish I still had mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be proud of that southern accent!! And can you transpose one of those little ponds here? That would provide Jackson with hours of entertainment!

    ReplyDelete