Thursday, June 25, 2009

This is our life

Where we stand right now:

1. I am 10 weeks pregnant and baby is still sticking with me! I just about beat an Ultrasound tech yesterday because she didn't measure baby or the heartbeats (which was unusual), but at least baby was kicking. I previously had a bleed in my uterus that appears to be gone now, so that's even better news. And the best (or worst) news is that I am sick as a dog. Anyone else ever been happy while hugging the toilet? I am, because it means baby is ok!

2. John is mostly potty-trained! We've been at it for months now, but accidents are finally down to a few a week. The whole time, I put him in underwear, but he just didn't care that he went all over himself and the floor. He just took off his pants (to get more comfortable), pointed out the mess to me, and continued to play. He didn't like it when I made him clean the mess, but he was always happy by the time I let him mop--so, that didn't help matters. And he has always screamed when we tried to put him on the toilet to "try." He still does that, but at least he usually points out when he has to go. Right when he started progressing at training, he began saying, "I do it by myself! You go 'way!!" So, maybe modesty was the issue all along! John has even put #2 in the potty! Maybe this is TMI, but we've given him poo-poo presents--a Lightning watch and the original Ice Age movie. But, I think what he likes most of all is when we say, "I'm so proud of you!" Whew! This is such a relief :) He can now start 3K in the fall without a problem.

3. We have a house in TN that needs to sell. We cannot move back because Rob's job is in Alabama and he would be gone Sunday night-Friday every week and living with his parents if we still lived in that house. So, keep praying for a miracle, people!

4. Rob is working like crazy--all day and night--in an attempt to get customers to buy in this terrible economy. Our consolation is that no one else is hitting their numbers. But we sure are longing for those better days where he didn't have to work as much and got paid more. Still, we thank the Lord for this job!!!

5. John is as crazy as always. He ate field peas for breakfast--and that was only because we didn't have black beans. He apparently has no clue that cereal or fruit and yogurt is a more typical breakfast choice. I apparently am used to having an atypical kid, so I didn't ask questions. He does crazy things like this everyday, and I never remember them. So, I will probably start posting random things that John says or does! Speaking of the devil, he is climbing on my back right now, leaning around to kiss my cheek, and he happens to be totally naked. So, I gotta go find his clothes!

4 comments:

  1. Sweet! I am so excited for you and better days will come with Rob's job! Hope to see you when you visit Atlanta. I love being able to keep up with you on here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the potty training. I know all too well right now how much of an accomplishment that is! As for 1 & 3, we're continuing to pray, and I'll also be praying for Rob's job situation. We can, unfortunately, relate to that one as well. John sounds so crazy and fun (many similarities to my little guys), and I can't wait to meet him when we're down Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait 'til you have 2 kids and you're breastfeeding 1 and have no idea where the other one is...you just hope he is still in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear your pregnancy is going well. Hang in there and the nausea will probably get better in the 2nd trimester. At least you'll only have one in diapers. Good for you, John!

    ReplyDelete