Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Is this punishment?

So, we finally got another contract on the house (the third, but who's counting?), and we made it to T-2 days until closing. We thought everything was in the bag--we moved out all the junk last Saturday. And today, we hear that it might not be happening. Why? Not because of the buyer's financing, or because the buyer's house didn't close or appraise. Not because of our inspection, or because our house didn't appraise. Why? Because, almost 4 years ago, we closed this house WITH A LIEN ON IT (from the previous owner). Were we aware of the lien? NO. Did we accept title with a lien? NO. In fact, the HUD came back clear--everything paid.

So, we have no more information than that--just speculation. I'm speculating that either someone made a mistake in the paperwork (and everything is ok), or someone made a mistake in the paperwork (and everything is not ok--which would seriously irritate me), or the previous title company didn't pay off the lien after receiving payment from the previous owner (which also would irritate me).

I suppose I am just venting, and it's helping momentarily, but I know that I am going to be anxious until we hear something. What to do now? Pray. That's all I know to do. Will you pray with me?

4 comments:

  1. We will be praying! I know you are axious and very tired. I hope this all works out. We will be looking to hear the best! Hope you have gotten a little rest today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will pray, too.
    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this! I know y'all are just ready for it to be off you hands! But it IS in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad that these complications keep popping up. We're with you in prayer as well. Please let us know the outcome as soon as you know!

    ReplyDelete