Friday, May 8, 2009

Have you seen this before?

I have been absent from the Blogosphere lately, and I promise to post some pictures soon to play catch-up and let you know what we've been doing. But for now, I will just give you this picture of a lovely bug that my son insists on keeping--in a Mason jar because his bug-box is in Daddy's truck, out of town.


I'm not really sure what it is, although some people seem to think it is a dung-beetle. I haven't exactly explained this to John because "poo" is a potty-mouth word at our house, unless you have to go... So, this nasty, black bug is living in a Mason jar (with no lid because I can't find one to poke holes in!) until I can convince John that he needs to go outside. ICK! Why couldn't we have kept the lady bug and roly poly we saw yesterday?!?

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your posts, and I'd love to see some new pictures (other than the bug)! I know nothing about insects and, thankfully, haven't had the boys trying to bring any home yet.

    I did look it up on the Internet, and I'm afraid your sources are correct...It definitely looks like a dung beetle (ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww! Those spiky legs make my skin crawl! Looks like a picture from a science book.

    Looking forward to catching up with y'all!

    ReplyDelete