Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Hangin' out at Fairhaven

Nursing Home, that is. The DeArman family celebrated Grandpa's birthday on Sunday, even though his birthday is actually today...

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!

FYI: I was at a baby shower for a good friend of mine, so I missed all of this and cannot be held responsible for John's behavior, nor am I responsible for accurately retelling the story--I am merely "reading" the pictures.
When one reaches a certain age, it appears that one can no longer read one's own birthday cards. Not because one's eyes have failed, but because the youngest "reader" in the family snatches the card away to read it out loud. (Man, I sure hope John didn't say anything embarrassing! If he isn't "reading" A Fish Out of Water word for word, he tends to make up going-to-the-potty stories. Sheesh!)


Once one reaches the age of 50, the eyes don't work like they used to. (Sorry to reveal your ages, Granny and Grandpa!) It is polite for the younger folk to hold the cards just right for the 50-year-olds to be able to read. Perhaps John was struggling with a word and needed Granny's help sounding it out?

Finally, you know the party's over when the party animals start playing with the Birthday Boy's ride. Thank goodness the nursing home doesn't keep bouncers on payroll to throw out the wild visitors!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Alli, but all I can think of is how many nasty things are on the bottom of those wheels! Its making me a little light-headed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I wasn't there to Germ-X him down!!! Eeeewww!

    ReplyDelete