Thursday, March 26, 2009

Science Lesson

Here's today's science lesson:

Kacky found a turtle while working in the yard today, so John got a live science lesson. Rest assured, I did not touch the slimy, germy little thing. He was really cute, though! Thank heavens for adults who were willing to touch the baby turtle, and for lots and lots of soap. (Did I mention I was thankful for lots of soap? I was, and still am.)

For the record, this was a night for science. On our way to see the turtle, we saw an owl on the power line, and a group of geese crossing the road--very slowly, and causing a traffic jam in the process.

I think I've had enough for one day... we've had to hide the turtle from what he must think is a really terrible child-giant who won't let him move more than 2 steps in any direction. Poor turtle! We'll put him back in the bushes tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Was the baby turtle released into the wild or are we keeping it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to say baby turtle is back in the wild. I don't think he would have lived long around John. We had thought about getting John a fish, but perhaps that is not the best idea... fish can't survive without water.

    ReplyDelete