Friday, April 16, 2010

6 months... where have I been?

Well, um, in the way of excuses, in the past 6 months I:

  1. had to give up keeping Tricia because my big ol' belly got in the way when I carried her seat, or tried to feed her, or burp her, or carry her around the house while I got some things done... you get the idea.
  2. began house-hunting. Vigorously. I spent every day searching for houses, comparing prices and amenities to others on the market. (I think the housing market made this more difficult because prices were all over the board--some people couldn't afford to drop their prices, and others wanted out quickly). We went to see houses 2-3 days a week, so that really took up a lot of time.
  3. found a house, but had a lot of problems with the sellers, so the paperwork took FOREVER.
  4. moved into the house just before New Years. Took a week after owning before we could move in because there was so much to do. It was in bad shape because no maintenance had been done in years, and it desperately needed cleaning. The only thing the sellers did was sweep, because we wrote into the contract to leave it in "broom-swept condition." If we had not written that, I'm sure they wouldn't have swept. We painted 3 bedrooms, did TONS of small repairs, had the carpets and vents cleaned--I can't even remember what all we did.
  5. had a baby. Yes, two weeks after moving, Reid Channing made his appearance.
  6. struggled to get acclimated to life with 2 boys, while also continuing to fix up this mess of a house, and unpack boxes.
Is that enough excuses? Well, at least I'm back. Pictures of the new little man and the house to come soon. Check back later.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see new pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli! Welcome back! I talked to Meredith yesterday on facebook chat and we both commented on how we wanted some updates from the DeArmans via the blog. Did she call you and tell you? So weird that you updated today. Its like you heard us talking about you. I hope everything is going wonderful in your world. Lets get together soon! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back! I've been wanting to see pictures...of Reid, John, the house, y'all, everything...post lots of pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Can't wait to see pics and learn all about your new little man!

    ReplyDelete